Thursday, February 7, 2008

The little things in life ...

make a BIG difference!  Last weekend we bought thick foam floor mattresses to put on top of our hard beds and it has been wonderful!  Each night I look forward to climbing into our soft bed now, and my body doesn't hurt and ache when I get up in the morning.  Winnie had been saying she missed her soft bed at home so this has helped a little with homesickness for her, but it can't replace the grandparents that she is missing so much!
We also bought a bookshelf for our office/school room.  Being organized gets me excited!  I loved getting our stacks of books up off the floor and onto the shelves.  I was also able to unpack the scrapbook supplies that I brought with me, but haven't had a chance to scrapbook yet.  Hopefully soon, I can hear it calling to me from the shelves!  I want to scrapbook our whole Thailand journey, starting from the first trip Cory and I took here two years ago, so we can remember all the exciting things God has done and will do.
THE BIG THINGS IN LIFE MATTER TOO!
Cory got his work permit last week and our whole family will be heading to immigration in the morning to obtain a new visa.  We've been told they will give us each a one month visa while they are processing the year extension and then we will have to return to get that one.  Thanks for all your prayers, God is working it out for us to stay here.  Please pray that things will go smoothly at immigration tomorrow.
One final note, the kids and I went to cooking night at the Centre last night.  I helped cook mashed potatoes and chicken with a bunch of the Thai students.  The kids were hanging out upstairs and I found them playing magnetic dolls with a bunch of the college students!  Here's a cute pic:

1 comment:

ron said...

HI. I'LL TYPE THIS AGAIN. I HAD TO SIGN UP WITH BLOG???? ANYWAY. ALL IS WELL HERE. 18 INCHES OF SNOW LAST NIGHT. COLD. READY FOR SPRING. WE HAVE 8 FOOT HIGH SNOW BANKS HERE. BUT WE ARE ALL DOING WELL. MISS YOU ALL. SO I'LL MAKE THIS SHORT. I'M TRYING TO SEE IF THIS WORKS. HAVING TROUBLES WITH EMAIL. LOVE, DAD